Monday, February 16, 2009

Did You Watch It?

I'll admit it. I'm a reality TV junkie. I've been trying to limit my TV viewing, but there's just one show (okay maybe a few) that I just can't give up. I love The Amazing Race! The new season started last night and I actually watched it "live" (as in not waiting for Tivo to record it so we can fast forward through the commercials).

If I wasn't such a big chicken, I'd send in an audition video. I love that these couples get to travel to places that they normally never would have AND THEN they get to do these amazing tasks that the average traveler would never think of doing. Last night, the teams traveled to Switzerland, bungy jumped off a dam, and then had to carry 200 lbs of cheese down a mountain. If you traveled to Switzerland, would you get to do that?


I love this show so much that my husband gave me the Travelocity Gnome two years ago as a one of my Christmas presents. Yep, this little guy sits in my front room by the window. I walk by him every morning and he just makes me smile. This picture was take during Christmas. I don't change his hat for every holiday, just during Christmas.

If you haven't had a chance to watch an episode, I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

jlo said...

I ahevn't watched amazing race the past couple of seasons. Should I jump back on board? What show shoudl I give up? Or should I just add ANOTHER show?? :)

Unknown said...

That is so funny! It was on last night and I have never watched it so we just skimmed over it. And, you are SO right, if I ever did visit Switzerland, I would absolutely NOT think of carrying 200 pounds of cheese down a mountain. That sounds like a good time if ever there was one... : )
Did you see the post where I put your picture : ) Yeah, that's pretty exciting stuff : ).

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love that show too and would love to be on it. The only thing I wouldn't like is that they only get to be in "that" place for such a short amount of time. I'd want to wander around and then I'd lose the race. Plus, I couldn't do the eating gross things episode. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I love the gnome!!!