Monday, January 19, 2009

Hummingbird

I have an affection for birds. There. I said it. Now, I don't want to be known as the crazy bird lady (cousin to the crazy cat lady), but I am fascinated by birds. Especially hummingbirds. I often find myself staring out my kitchen window just watching the hummingbirds dart back and forth between the feeders. They literally mesmerize me.

One of my photography goals is to capture "the perfect photo" of a hummingbird. I'm talking about National Geographic photo qualilty. This is not it! But I need to practice and this is one of my practice shots. I'm probably using the wrong lens (hint to Chris - hee hee!).

This picture was not Photoshopped. His head is actually this color of purple! He's a little blurry, but I put it in so that you can see his pretty colors.

One time my family was over for some occasion and my sister, Terri, looked out my kitchen window and screamed "A HUMMER! I LOVE HUMMERS!" Well, my husband spit his drink out (because he has the humor of a 14 year old boy) and now these birds are known around the house as "hummers". Chris giggles every time he hears it. Every. Single. Time.

3 comments:

Milty said...

Hee Hee, Yup, did it again. Good thing I wasn't drinking again. :)

Love your blogs babe!

Chris

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I love the pictures..I think they look awesome!! I laughed out loud "cousin to the cat lady", very good Kathy! Mike will be envious..he still only has a couple 'hummers" flying by. The Little Satan" is still comming around. Love the new page. Its festive!

jlo said...

You are so totally like Pioneer Woman with your fancy photos. I can't believe the color! Keep up the great work. I have 2 little subjects you can practice on any time!
Hummers. Ha!
P.S. I think Chris might be my new BFF.