Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cookie Recipe

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies - Ever! Recipe


After searching and searching, I think I finally found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe – ever! What makes these cookies taste so special? Cream cheese. Yep, these are not for the calorie counters, or the ones watching their fat intake. The cream cheese gives this cookie a smoother texture and a little hint of a “zing” that you can’t quite put your finger on.

Some people prefer a crispy cookie and some of us prefer a chewy cookie. These cookies are crispy on the edges and soft and gooey in the center. It’s the best of both worlds!


The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies - EVER

1/4 cup butter

1/3 cup cream cheese
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 6 ounces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar on low speed with an electric mixer. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix on low until just combined.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to butter mixture and mix by hand until combined. Portion heaping teaspoonfuls (or use a small ice-cream scoop) onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with finger. Rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 3 minutes.



Editors Note: I tend to make my cookies very big (hey, if you’re going to have a cookie; then HAVE A COOKIE!) I used the Pampered Chef medium scoop and it takes a bit longer to bake (about 14 minutes total).

Don’t skip the step of flattening the cookie half way through the baking time. Yes, it will make a difference.

Also, the original recipe called for brushing the cookie sheets with canola oil before placing the cookies on it. I tried this, but I don’t recommend it. The oil ran off my flat cookie sheets and made a mess of my oven (and the smoke alarm went off). I just use parchment paper, or a Sil-pat and they turn out just fine.




3 comments:

Milty said...

Sweet Jesus! That's why I am getting fat? All that Cream Cheese!

Anyway, I can confirm to any readers that these are great cookies. Just look at my belly!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. Im making a batch for me today...opps I mean Mike. LOL

jlo said...

Do you deliver?