Friday, January 23, 2009

Food, Food & More Food


I don't know what it is about rainy days, but it always makes me anxious until I go out and stock up my pantry. I was born and raised in California, so I know that we're not going to be snowed in for days, unable to go to the grocery store to feed my family. I, alas, have this compulsive need when it rains to stockpile, bake, and make batches of food.

So, I baked my honey an Angel's Food Cake because it's his favorite and he's had a rough week. He had a piece before I had a chance to take a photo. To me, Angel Food Cake is neither a cake, nor a dessert. It's kind of like eating spongy air. But, to each his own.


Next, I baked Cream Cheese Brownies to take to a Poker Game we're going to tomorrow evening. Now, this is dessert!!

Then I decided to make Spaghetti & Meatballs with homemade sauce and homemade meatballs. Usually, we're in such a hurry, it's jar sauce for us and just add in a few herbs. But the sauce that I made today is the kind of sauce that needs to simmer for 4 hours and needs to be made with lots of love and patience (Are you hearing me familia? Code: love & patience = you'd better eat it and not complain! Asking for seconds will earn you extra points!).

Empty plates make me a happy girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your out in Valencia tomorrow your sister would LOVE some leftovers!! Just kidding (not really) Your pictures look so good!Cant wait to try the brownies. You are amazing.

jlo said...

What time is dinner? MUST post cheesecake brownie recipe. NOW.

Milty said...

Thanks for the heads up on the "Code". I dropped my de-coder ring in the toilet last week and trust me I need all the extra points that I can get. :o)

Great meatballs! Hehe!!! Balls!

Loved them!
Chris

Unknown said...

Oh. My. GOSH! This looked too good for words. Those brownies with cream cheese...YUM! I want to move to California. ASAP!