Wednesday, March 25, 2009

High School???!!!

I went to the High School Orientation meeting last night and I just sat there stunned and overwhelmed. I even got a little teary-eyed (for those of you who know me in real life - this is not surprising). Another mom asked me if I was okay and told me to "get a grip" (in a nice way) and then she started getting teary-eyed!

How can it be that this little red head will be starting 9th grade in the Fall? Where did the time go? Does he plan on attending UC or State? What is his career path? We were told, "two years of a language is required, but three years is recommended, which means you'd better put in for that third year." WHAT?? It seemed like yesterday he just learned to tie his shoes!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to Chris that there was going to be a High School Orientation meeting that we needed to go to. His reply, "Why do we need to go? Who's going to be in High School?" At least I'm not the only one in denial.

3 comments:

jlo said...

*Sob* Can't deal.
SUPer cute blog!!!

Unknown said...

What the heck. High school? You gotta be freaking kidding me. We have to put a stop to this growing up AT ONCE! Geez!

Milty said...

Thanks for not mentioning the "HILL" bet with Sean.:)